Name a character competition


If you read my last post, you’ll know that at the last minute I decided I wanted to change some things in Rescue on Nim’s Island, which will be published by Allen and Unwin in July this year.   But now I need some help, and this is where you, or any child you want to rope in, can come in.

The problem is that I’ve removed two characters and replaced them with two new ones – so the new characters need names. They are important to the story, but we don’t see them. (Sorry if that’s tricky, you’ll just have to read the book to find out exactly what I mean.)

They are both scientists, and are both very good at what they do.

One is a female marine biologist, who especially loves sea lions.

The other is a male geologist.

If you want to tell me their names should be, and tell me why you chose those names, email me by Feb 28, 2014. You can name one of the characters or both.

As well as the fun of knowing that you’ve named a character in a Nim’s Island book (and maybe in a movie) the winner or winners will receive a signed copy of the book when it comes out.

The winner or winners will be notified by email and announced on the blog. If you want to make sure to get any other updates, you can go to the sidebar and choose follow by email or subscribe to posts. 

I'm really looking forward to seeing what people come up with! 
The folder with random information & thoughts about the story

Labels: , , , , , ,