Nim's Island e-Activity & Cookbook

A while ago I posted on FaceBook a picture of a Nim's Island cookbook, that a school had made me. There was so much interest that I decided to make a proper Nim's Island Activity and Cookbook, in an ebook as my project for  the Australian National Year of Reading 2012. And what could be better than to raise funds at the same time, for a cause I believe in passionately?

Well, the paperwork to make me an official fundraiser for the Indigenous Literacy Foundation is now all done, and I'm ready to start.

I say 'I'... but I'd love some help. Over the years, many people have blogged about activities they've done with Nim's Island, or written to me with links to videos of school projects. I would love to include some of these, as well as recipes – anything inspired by Nim's Island, or Nim at Sea.

Contributors will receive a copy of the ebook, and of course their contribution will be credited to them. Burpengarry School, who started the whole idea, has asked that for privacy reasons I simply credit the class instead of the individual children, and I think this is an excellent idea for any classes who would like to send something in.

If you're sending a recipe, please make sure that you have the right to enter it, and that you're not breaking someone else's copyright. (That means, please don't copy it straight out of a recipe book or cooking site).

With your help, we should be able to earn some money to help more people enjoy books and reading!
You can email me at wendyorr1(at)mac.com





Labels: , , , , , ,